What is an MECard?
Where can I get an MECard?
Where can I top-up my MECard?
How much do MECards cost?
Child: Rs 150 (includes Rs 50 credit)
Student: Rs 100
Senior: Free (for pensioners aged 60 and over)
Priority: Free (for people with disabilities)
Please note: In line with Metro Express Ltd’s pricing policy, MECard purchase prices are subject to change in the future.
What should I do if my MECard is lost or stolen?
1. Initially, MECards will not be linked to your personal information and will need to be kept securely in your possession.
2. Metro Express Ltd has implemented a personalised registration system linking the MECard to your ID card which means that if it is lost or stolen, it can be managed within the system.
Please register your MECard here
Can I get a refund of the remaining credit on my MECard if I no longer use it?
* Validity period: See 3.7. ** Reactivation conditions: See 3.8.
How long does available credit remain valid?
Can I still use my MECard if my credit has expired?
What happens after this 10-year lifespan?
How does MEL ensure that each MECard holder pays for their journey?
Can I travel on the Metro Express without an MECard?
How do I know if the cost of my journey has been correctly deducted from my MECard?
I am currently eligible for free bus travel. Does this also apply to Metro Express?
What are the different MECards?
There are 5 types of MECard:
- Adult: Costs Rs 200, which includes Rs 100 credit. On sale at the electronic ticketing machines at all stations.
- Child: Costs Rs150, which includes Rs 50 credit. Can be purchased at Rose Hill Central Ticket Office.
- Student: Costs Rs 100. This card is only distributed through educational institutions upon request.
- Senior: Free. Available at the Rose Hill Central Station Ticket Office upon presentation of the SC ID card and a Free Travel Bus Pass.
- Priority: Free. Available at the Rose Hill Central Station Ticket Office, upon presentation of an ID card and a Free Travel Bus Pass.
Can someone other than me use my MECard?
Student, Senior and Priority MECards cannot be used by another person because they are personalised, i.e. they are reserved for people benefiting from free transport according to the policies established by the NLTA.
Can I use my MECard to travel on the bus or to pay for other things?
No. The MECard can only be used to pay for fares within Metro Express. However, Metro Express is working closely with the Ministry of Public Infrastructure and Land Transport to ensure these cards may be used to pay for fares on buses once the cashless bus ticketing system is in place.
How do I use my MECard at Metro Express stations?
Metro Express station platforms are equipped with electronic scanners, which must be used to validate your MECard before boarding the train (TAP-ON) and when you disembark at your destination (TAP-OFF). Place your MECard near the scanner’s sensor to validate it.
What if I forget to TAP-ON or TAP-OFF?
If you forget to TAP-ON using your MECard before boarding the LRV, it may be considered fare evasion. If you do not TAP-OFF using your MECard within a designated period (currently 60 minutes), the maximum fare will automatically be deducted from the stored value on your MECard.
What are the penalties for fare evasion?
Anyone who does not pay the appropriate light fare corresponding to his/her journey, or who travels using an expired ticket, commits an offense punishable by law and shall, if convicted, be liable to a fine not exceeding Rs 5,000 and to an imprisonment term not exceeding 2 years.
Will special MECards be available (for e.g. for weekend or tourist packages)?
In the future, Metro Express will consider offering special MECards. However, the immediate priority is to ensure that the current MECards and the ticketing system are functioning properly before more options are introduced.
I own a company and would like to offer my employees MECards. Does MEL provide customised cards for this purpose?
MEL is looking into opportunities to provide customised MECards to companies and corporations. Interested companies may send us a request via email.